- Provides financial incentives for early education program directors and teaching staff and Family Resource Center staff in Santa Clara County to pursue professional development. Enrollment is closed. Enrollment for next year will be September 2022. Want a reminder to enroll next program year? Complete this interest list
- – Training List for Early Childhood Educators If you do not see a training listed, you may submit your training by completing this form.
- – College Coursework and Permit Information
- – Family Child Care Participants Only
- NEED HELP? Complete this TA form
Uses multiple criteria to rate early learning programs to ensure children have access to high-quality programs, thrive in their early learning settings, and succeed in kindergarten and beyond.
Program and Data ManagementOversees the program and data management of Santa Clara County’s Quality Matters Rating and Stipend Initiatives, through the integral use of three data systems, Hubbe, QUALITY MATTERS Stipend, and the CA Workforce Registry.
The Quality Rating and Improvement System (QRIS)
The QUALITY MATTERS initiative has a vision that all children in Santa Clara County are engaged in high quality early learning programs. QUALITY MATTERS brings Santa Clara County partners together around quality early learning, inspiring early educators, strengthening families, and uniting the community around the critical goal of ensuring high quality early learning and health outcomes for all children birth through age 8 so that they can achieve success in the future.
- 605early educators are engaged in professional development through the stipend program
- 117early education centers are rated sites in the Quality Rating and Improvement System
- 564family child care homes are participating in professional development activities to improve the quality of their programs
About the WestEd E3 Institute
Along with administering the Quality Matters program for FIRST 5 Santa Clara County, the WestEd E3 Institute also collaborates with higher education institutions and promotes the California Statewide Professional Development Registry.