The following is a list of organizations that offer trainings that are approved for the Quality Matters Stipend Program. Please note:
- Only 10 hours from a FIRST 5 sponsored training will count.
- Trainings from 4Cs are will not count.
If you do not see a training listed and wish to have a training approved, please contact email@example.com.
FREE Trainings, Workshops and Meetings
Low-Cost In-person Trainings ($10 per training)
Expand for Entire List of Approved Trainings for Quality Matters
Note that ECE/CD college coursework can also be used to satisfy the 21-hour requirement. Hours are calculated using the following conversion: 1 semester unit = 15 hours; 1 quarter unit = 10 hours.
Professional Development that satisfies the 21-hour PD requirement should:
- Offer education and training that is beyond a teacher or director’s job requirements.
- Enhance the teacher’s direct work in supporting children’s cognitive, social, emotional, and physical development, and/or enhance the director’s skill in supervision, management, and administration.
- Enhance teachers’ and directors’ understanding of QRIS.
- Be conducted through college coursework or by an individual certified in the tool or subject in which he or she is offering training. Hours spent in training activities should be documented through certificates issued by the trainer or training organization.